During pregnancy it’s common to find difficulty in sleeping, which happens due to hormonal changes, stress or your growing belly. As the belly grows, you might find it more uncomfortable to settle down in a position to sleep. Even though the left side is the recommended position, you will feel like sleeping on your back or towards your right. Cramps in your bladder can also give you many sleepless nights. Here are few tips to ensure good sleep during your pregnancy.
- Drink a lot of fluids during the day time and limit consumption after 6.00 pm to prevent frequent urination.
- Avoid sleeping during day time and get into a healthy routine. You can take a small nap for about 30 minutes.
- Watch your diet. Avoid heavy meals, junks and spicy food to avoid heart-burns. Follow a healthy diet.
- Exercise regularly. Do not skip walking. Try stretching and yoga.
- Do not get stressed or anxious.
- Put essential oils like lavender in a bowl and keep it next to your bed so you breath and sleep in no time . The smell of lavender helps you get a relaxed sleep.
- Take a warm water bath before you sleep.
- Have a bed time routine and stick to it.
- Drink warm milk before going to bed.
- Cut down on caffeine. Avoid tea, coffee and chocolates during evenings.
Take care of yourself and make sure you are sleeping in a comfortable position, since that determines how well you will sleep through the night.