INGREDIENTS (250 ml cup used)
- Grated apples – 3 to 4 cups
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Sugar – 2 tablespoon
- Saffron strands – ½ teaspoon
- Crumbled cottage cheese (paneer) – ½ cup
- Powdered sugar – 2 tablespoon
- Milk – 4 teaspoon
- Kewra essence – few drops
- Warm the saffron and dissolve it in water.
- Mix lemon juice, sugar, 1 tablespoon of water and grated apples.
- Cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes stirring it occasionally.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and whisk it to smooth consistency.
- Make round balls, flattening them in the centre and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- You can garnish with apple sauce as topping and serve immediately.
A medium sized apple contains 95 calories and is rich in potassium, phosphorus, vitamin A and dietary fiber.
Cottage cheese is a good source of calcium, protein, potassium, and vitamin A. 100 grams of cottage cheese contains 103 kcal of energy.