Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- Semolina/suji/rava – 1 cup roasted
- Ripe bananas – 2-3, chopped
- Almonds or cashews – 8-10, chopped or sliced (optional)
- Raisins – 10-12 (optional)
- Cardamoms – 2-3 , powdered
- Cooking oil or clarified butter (ghee) – 3 tablespoon
- Sugar – 5-6 tablespoon (add as required)
- Saffron – A pinch, crushed
- Hot water or hot milk – 2 and ½ cups
- Firstly, dry roast the semolina in a frying pan or kadhai.
- Take a thick bottom frying pan and heat some oil or ghee.
- Add pre roasted semolina and fry for 2-3 minutes till you start getting the aroma.
- Do not let the semolina turn brown.
- Add chopped or mashed bananas and stir continuously to avoid any lump.
- Add the hot water or milk and sugar; keep stirring.
- Add dry fruits at this stage if you want.
- Let the mixture simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add a pinch of saffron allow it to simmer for 2-3 minutes more. Garnish it with dry fruits.
- Serve banana sheera while still warm.
One medium sized Banana contains 105 calories and is rich in potassium, apart from many other minerals and vitamins.
1 tablespoon of Ghee (Clarified butter) contains 112kcal of energy.
1 cup of cooked semolina contains 11 kCal of energy and is rich in sodium.