INGREDIENTS (using 250 ml cup)
- Chicken bones – 500 grams
- Boneless chicken cut into small pieces – 100 grams
- Chopped Garlic – 10 cloves
- Butter – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Refined flour (maida) – 1½ tablespoons
- White pepper – to taste
- Salt – according to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Clean the chicken bones with water and put them in a pot. Add 4½ cups of water and garlic and cook till the water is reduced to two and half cups. Remove the bones and keep the stock aside. Remember to scoop the fat out which floats on top of the water.
- Heat butter in a pan and fry chicken pieces till tender.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add cumin seeds. When they begin to change colour, add refined flour and cook for a minute stirring continuously.
- Add the stock, chicken pieces, white pepper powder and salt.
- Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes before you remove it from heat and serve hot.
- You can garnish with few pieces of chopped lemon grass or corriander leaves.
- Bread sticks compliment the soup well.
- Chicken is rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants. 100 grams of de-boned and de-skinned chicken contains 165 calories, 31 g protein and 4 g of total fat.