Motherhood is a beautiful journey. But the initial elation of being pregnant is followed by moments of self-doubt and understandable concerns about maintaining a healthy pregnancy. We’ve got you. Our pregnancy tips will help guide you to a successful delivery and a healthy, glowing baby.
Let’s begin with a common question most young, to-be parents have:
What Are The Different Stages Of Pregnancy?
There are three stages of pregnancy:
- First Trimester: The period from the day of conception to the 12th week of pregnancy is grouped under the first trimester.
- Second Trimester: Week 13 to week 28 is the second trimester and surprisingly, most women find it easier to deal with than the first trimester.
- Third Trimester: The final trimester, extending from week 29 to week 40, is the most challenging.
Precautions During 1st Month Of Pregnancy
It’s during the first month of pregnancy that women go through the most change, their bodies preparing for the baby, supplying constant nutrition to the fetus with hormonal changes impacting almost every organ of their body. Some precautionary measures during the first month are:
- Visit the doctor every step of the way. If you have any doubts about how to proceed in a particular situation, food choices for example, consult your doctor to get sound advice.
- To keep the growing baby healthy, your body needs ample rest, more than what it normally requires. Sleep as long as your body demands and don’t stress your body with excessive work.
- Eating good and healthy is very important. Your body needs the nutrition not only to sustain the changes it’s going through, but also to provide ample energy to the growing fetus.
Precautions During 2nd Month Of Pregnancy
You’ll start feeling the effects of your body’s transformation in the second month. Nausea and headache are common occurrences. Here’s what you shouldn’t do during the second month:
- Don’t pop pain-killers every time you get a headache. Take the problem to the doctor instead. They will guide you on how to go about managing the pain without excess medication.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Don’t keep your stomach empty. Eat small quantities of healthy food throughout the day.
3rd Month Of Pregnancy Precautions
The third month of pregnancy brings along a new set of challenges, from a growing belly to increasingly erratic mood swings. Follow these precautions during the third trimester:
- Avoid high heels and switch to comfortable footwear.
- Do not lift heavy objects and avoid putting undue pressure on your stomach.
- Try and lower your caffeine intake from here on.
That does it for the common precautions you need to take during the first trimester. Lookup in pregnancy assist apps for more information on the same topic and also on other things about pregnancy.