Puddings are a perennial family favourite, and it is only right that your baby should be made to taste the enduring dessert that has been loved across generations. Here is a simple and easy pudding recipe for your little pudding.
- Eggs (egg whites only) – 2
- Milk – ½ cup
- Sugar- ½ teaspoon
- Corn flour – ¼ teaspoon (optional)
- Cinnamon powder – a pinch
- Dilute the corn flour in a tablespoon of cold milk and mix well.
- In a deep-bottom pan boil the remaining milk with sugar and cinnamon powder then add the corn flour in boiled milk and stir. Mix the flour and the milk well making sure that there are no lumps.
- Beat the egg whites separately, and mix this with the boiled milk. Transfer the milk mixture to a bowl.
- Fill a larger vessel with sufficient water, and then place the bowl with the egg mixture inside this vessel. This will create a double boiler. Keep the double boiler on medium flame.
- Cover the bowl with the milk mixture with a lid.
- Once the water starts boiling, turn the flame to low and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid to check if the pudding is set and turn off the heat once it appears set.
- Serve the pudding while it is still warm.
Eggs provide many important nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, folate, iron, zinc and high quality protein. Eggs help in building antibodies and are good for skin, teeth, bones and eyes. Milk is a good source of calcium.