Here are some of the exercises that will help in boosting the growth of the muscles of your baby:
- Take your baby out for a walk, in a stroller either early in the morning or in the evening. This is a good exercise because your baby will randomly move his/her hands and legs, or eyes on observing the surrounding like the sky, trees, and birds.
- Play with your baby or cuddle and tickle your baby whenever you get time, it helps to flex numerous muscles at a time.
- You can wear a sling with your baby and dance. This exercise will make your baby smile; move the muscles and facial muscles considerably.
- You can roll your baby up and down or sideways. This relaxes the back muscles and the stomach muscles.
- You may have seen how mothers put their infants on their feet after lying down on the bed and bring the knee close to the body. This is a very good muscle-tightening exercise for a newborn baby.
- You can make bicycle movements with the tiny legs of your baby. This helps in the movement of the otherwise lazy muscles because your baby is in a horizontal position all day.
- Initiate the walking skills of your baby by picking them up slowly and putting forward their feet one-by-one. This will motivate them and also make them conscious about their limbs and its usage.
- Another way of improving reflex action and muscle movement is by letting your baby grasp or grab small, weightless objects like sponge balls, rubber toys, and teethers.
- Babies should also be exposed to sunlight for considerable time especially from early morning till 11:00 a.m. This boosts the calcium levels of the baby helping the growth and strengthening of the bones and teeth.