Make milk an important part of your diet during pregnancy. Two glasses of milk every day will keep you and your baby healthy!
What are the nutritional benefits of milk?
Milk provides everyone with a high amount of calcium as well as proteins with Fats. The other important available nutrients are vitamin A, B12, D, calcium, carbohydrates, phosphorus, selenium, magnesium, protein, zinc, and riboflavin.
What are the health benefits of drinking milk during pregnancy?
Milk is a vital dietary source of calcium and other nutrients. Drinking milk can give you the following health benefits during your pregnancy:
- Increased bone strength – During pregnancy the fetus absorbs calcium from maternal bones to meet the requirements. It is vital to get adequate calcium for the health of both the mother and baby which you can get by drinking milk daily.
- Smoother and beautiful skin – During pregnancy you will be facing a lot of skin problems. Skin rashes, itching and stretch marks are common problems which most women face during pregnancy. Drinking milk can give you smoother and beautiful skin. You can grind almond with milk and apply to your belly which will help in preventing those stretch marks to a certain extent.
- Stronger immune system – Pregnancy suppresses your immune system. You will have to build your defense against infections and illness like cold, flu etc. Drinking milk will help you to build a strong immune system and keep you and your baby safe and healthy during pregnancy.
- Helps preventing stress – During pregnancy many women feel stressed out due to lack of energy, nausea, headache etc. The protein and lactium found in milk has calming effect on the body by lowering the blood pressure and reducing the cortisol level which is a hormone released during stress. Drinking warm milk at night before sleep can help you sleep better during pregnancy.
- Avoids dehydration – Milk keeps you hydrated during pregnancy. Staying hydrated during pregnancy is very important for the mom and her baby.