INGREDIENTS (250 ml cup used)
- Quinoa – ½ cup
- Brown rice – ½ cup
- Urad dal – ½ cup
- Mixed vegetables (sweet corn kernels, green peas, carrots, beans) – ½ cup
- Curd – 4 tablespoon
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
- Pick, wash and soak quinoa, brown rice, and urad dal for 6 hours.
- Drain excess water and transfer to a wet grinder. Grind to a smooth batter and transfer the batter to a large bowl.
- Beat the batter, cover the bowl with lid or aluminum foil and leave it in a warm place for 12 hours.
- Once the batter has fermented, beat it again and add curd, mixed vegetables and salt to the batter. Mix it well.
- Grease idli mould with oil and pour about 3 to 4 tablespoon of batter in each mould.
- Steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove the idlis from the moulds using a wet spoon and serve with sambhar and chutney.
- 100 grams of cooked quinoa provides 120 calories and is a good source of protein, dietary fiber, folate, iron, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, and manganese.
- Brown rice is husked rice, with the hull intact. It is more nutritious than white rice and is a good source of vitamin B6, magnesium, selenium, thiamine, niacin, and phosphorus. 100 grams of uncooked brown rice provides 370 kcal of energy.
- Vegetables are rich in dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals.