Ragi is a calcium rich grain that is very popular in the southern states of India. The inclusion of vegetables makes this dish nutritious and tasty, and the best part is that it hardly takes much preparation or time to make this uttapam.
INGREDIENTS (240 ml cup used)
- Ragi flour – ½ cup
- Curd – 2 tablespoon
- Carrot – 2 tablespoon, grated
- Cabbage – 2 tablespoon, grated
- Pepper powder – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Cooking oil – 2 ½ teaspoon
- In a bowl whisk the curd well and add half a cup of water.
- Into this mixture gradually add ragi flour, grated carrot, grated cabbage, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Lightly grease a non-stick mini uttapam pan with cooking oil. In case you do not have a mini uttapam pan, you can grease a non-stick frying pan.
- Pour a teaspoon of batter into each mould and cook the uttapams till they turn golden brown on both sides. You may have to drizzle some oil on the sides for the uttapams to get cooked well.
- If you are using a frying pan, spread two teaspoon of batter on the pan and let each uttapam cook till it turns golden brown on either side.
- The above quantity should make 14 mini uttapams if you use a mini uttapam pan.
Each ragi mini uttapam has 24kcal of energy, 18.4 grams of calcium, 0.4 grams of protein, 3.3 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of fat and 0.6 grams of fiber.