Giving birth to a disabled child is the worst nightmare. It’s also disheartening to see a kid born with disabilities. Few genetic disorders cannot be avoided. But as a mom you can take few precautions to avoid such disabilities like autism and attention-deficit /hyperactivity disorder. Here are few things you can do to prevent such disabilities.
- Do not smoke – Not only putting an end to smoking, you have to keep away from such people who smoke including your family and friends. Avoid being a passive smoker as well.
- Avoid pesticide infected fruits & vegetables – Go organic. If you are buying non-organic fruits and vegetables, soak it in vinegar and clean it with a scrub before consumption. Always peel the skin of grapes, apples, plums etc.
- Avoid fast food and roadside eating – Make sure you eat food only from hygienic places. Avoid fast food even in good hotels. They do use food colors and ajinomoto.
- Limit Grooming – Avoid coloring of hair, hair straightening, laser hair removal, etc. which are harmful. Go for light grooming and avoid chemicals.
- Avoid alcohol & drugs – Drugs and alcohol can damage the brains of your baby. Do not drink or use drugs at any cost.
- Keep diabetes under control – Limit sugar intake if you are prone to diabetes.
- Medications – Talk to medical practitioners before taking any medication on your own.