During this period, babies like shaking, banging and pushing every object within reach. Hand –eye coordination improves. Most babies begin crawling around seven months and by 10 months, many starts to “cruise”. In addition, they begin to put sounds together to form simple words. They enjoy a lot of interactive games like clapping their hands or playing peek-a-boo.
For babies between 6-12 months, the best toys are:
- Shape sorting toys.
- Push/pull toys that allow baby to create movement
- Adventure courses that encourage creeping and crawling
- Musical and sound making toys
- Gentle rockers and bouncers, which satisfy baby’s love for motion
- Stuffed animals and toys for cuddling
- Age-appropriate educational videos and music
- Storybooks that can be read out loud.