INGREDIENTS (using a 250 ml cup)
- Eggs – 3
- Unsalted butter – 250 grams
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Chocolate chips (optional) – 2 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Vanilla essence – 1 ½ teaspoon
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Add one teaspoon baking powder to the flour and sift it well.
- Take a mixing bowl and crack three eggs.
- Use a hand blender or a whisk to mix the eggs, then add melted butter and keep whisking.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar.
- Once the sugar is mixed well, fold the flour into the batter.
- Add the vanilla essence and chocolate chips. Make sure there are no lumps in the cake batter.
- The consistency of the batter should not be runny. Take care of the measurements of the ingredients.
- Line the cake mold with butter paper or grease the inner side with melted butter.
- Transfer the cake mix to the cake mold and bake it at 200°C for about 30 minutes.
- Set aside and let it cool.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup on top (optional) before serving.
You can remove the cake crust and frost the cake using whipped fresh cream and fresh fruits.
1 slice (approximately 53 grams) of vanilla sponge cake provides 243 kcal of energy, 3.4 grams of protein and 27.8 grams of carbohydrate.